To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
The Minnesota Alliance of Boys & Girls Clubs is a nonprofit organization formed to maximize the effectiveness of Clubs across Minnesota. All of Minnesota's Clubs offer unique programs that promote the positive development of young people by instilling a sense of belonging, a sense of usefulness, a sense of influence or power, and a sense of competence. These are all qualities that enhance our young people's self-esteem, and empower them to reach their full potential.
Boys & Girls Clubs of
America’s national programs have taken members from the Clubhouse to the Whitehouse; from the games room to the corporate boardroom; from the high school orchestra to Carnegie Hall. Boys & Girls Clubs of America has a lineup of tested and proven nationally recognize programs that address today’s most pressing youth issues, teaching young people the skills they need to succeed in life.
More than 25 nationally proven programs exist within our five core program areas:
All programs take place in a dedicated youth facility with a warm, friendly atmosphere, guided by youth development professionals with whom the children may experience the positive effects of building personal relationships.
The Boys & Girls Club provides:
· A safe place to learn and grow
· Ongoing relationships with caring adult professionals
· Life-enhancing programs and character development experiences
· Hope and opportunity
What makes the Boys & Girls Club unique:
· All boys and girls ages 5-18 are welcome
· Clubs have full-time professional leadership
Supplemented by part-time employees and volunteers
· We require no proof of good character, and we help and guide young people who may be in danger of acquiring unacceptable habits or attitudes
· We assure that all boys and girls can afford to belong
Dues are $10 a year, and we offer payment plans or scholarships to youth who cannot afford it
· Activities are conducted in a building especially designed for youth programs
· We have an open-door policy
· We offer various programs that recognize the individual needs of our members
· We are guidance-oriented